[Labs-l] NFS server network capacity upgrade

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri May 23 16:28:23 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

In the following week or two, we are planning on adding another bound
network port to increase the NFS server's bandwidth (which is,
currently, saturating at regular interval).

This will imply a short period of downtime (on the order of 10 minutes
or so) during which no NFS service will be provided.  In theory, this
will result in file access simply stalling and resuming at the end of
the outage, but processes that have timeouts may be disrupted (in
particular, web service access will likely report gateway issues during
that interval).

While this is not set in stone, I am aiming for Friday, May 30 at 18:00
UTC for the downtime.  I will notify this list with a confirmation or a
new schedule in at least three days in advance.

Thanks for your patience,

-- Marc