[Labs-l] What is the status of the ZoomViewer feature?

Alexrk alexrk2 at yahoo.de
Sun May 11 10:27:01 UTC 2014

Hi

At the moment ZoomViewer at "http://tools.wmflabs.org/zoomviewe/wip.php"
is not working. There is another tool on toolserver (IIP) which works,
even though not very much reliable (some images are not handled by IIP
for some incomprehensible reason).

IMO a reliable Zoomviewer is crucial to Commons. Especially for things
like scanned high resolution maps. I upload a lot of maps and also scan
maps from my own archive. But at the moment I am completely demotivated
to procede that work, since it doesn't make any sense, if there is no
way to use them on Commons.

What is the status of the ZoomViewer feature? Is someone taking care of it?

Alex

--
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Alexrk2