[Labs-l] Crontab not working

John phoenixoverride at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:30:19 UTC 2014

Im actually trying to help you. Saying that "I have the same problem as
XXXX" when XXXX never provided what I am asking for is useless. I tracked
your email back, (Please dont use timestamps they are a pain to dig up)
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2014-May/002391.html is the
email in question.

The only referenced issue that you have provided in regards to the affected
cron entries is */usr/bin/jsub -N <unwanted name> -once -quiet, to the
beginning of each entry, breaking the crontab* which just means that for
some reason that either your cron isnt configured correctly, you have some
unknown error in it, are using some odd syntax, or that for some reason
xcrontab is unable to parse your entry.

In all of those cases knowing what your trying to do is important. If you
would have included something along the line of:

0 0 * * * jsub -once -mem 2G -N daily_reports bash
$HOME/bash/sysop_protection.sh

or what ever your cron entries are it would make debugging possible. Right
now the only person who can help you is a root as they are the only ones
who can see your affected cron entries.

How can you finally provide some useful information other than I have the
same problem as XXXX ?