[Labs-l] Puppet master upgrade

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Fri Jun 6 18:20:31 UTC 2014

Le 05/06/2014 21:39, Marc A. Pelletier a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> We have (just now) upgraded the Lab's puppet masters to version 3; and
> things seem to be going well.
>
> In the past several months, members of the operations team and
> volunteers[1] have done a _lot_ of work to ensure puppet manifests would
> be compatible with puppet 3 and compare the result of one with the other
> -- but there may yet be small edge cases we were not able to root out
> during testing.
>
> We expect that there will be very few if any discrepancies - and that
> the fixes will be trivial when they are - but we rely on you to report
> problems.  Please keep an eye on puppet's behaviour on instances you
> administer, and report any oddities or problems you notice that did not
> exist before.

Hello,

I have switched the 'integration' labs project earlier today which uses
its own puppetmaster.  All went well, so my congratulations to everyone
that has been involved in preparing that migration.

A minor culprit, the deprecated command puppetd has been removed. To
manually run an update you should instead use:

 puppet agent -tv

:)

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso