[Labs-l] Deploying files tools.wmflabs.org: this could be simpler, right?

Hay (Husky) huskyr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:28:21 UTC 2014

Awesome, thanks for all the good suggestions! I've added the tidbits
to the help page.

If you're using the copy-to-shell-and-copy-to-tool-account approach
it's pretty easy to write a shell script that does it all in one go.
Here's my deploy.sh script i use:

#!/bin/bash
rsync --exclude .git --exclude config.php -av --del ../* tools:tools

# Copy files
ssh tools <<'ENDSSH'
cp -rv tools/* /data/project/hay/
ENDSSH