[Labs-l] Unable to access one instance

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 10 08:05:03 UTC 2014

On 4/10/14 10:57 AM, Niklas Laxström wrote:
> I was updating language-replag-(wiki|master|slave) instances and rebooting them.
When you say 'update' do you mean upgrading the OS version?  Or a more
selective upgrade?

If you did something like dist-upgrade then the instance is most likely
gone for good... I've never seen a VM survive that.

> After reboot language-replag-master no longer lets me in, it says
> "Permission denied (publickey)."
>
> Can anything be done to restore access to it apart from reinstalling?
I'm not sure.  My root key doesn't work either, which suggests it may be
a networking issue.  If you're able to reinstall I recommend it;
otherwise I can try to remotely mount the drive and monkey with it...
I'm unlikely to have time for that until next week though.

-Andrew