[Labs-l] Please test new proxying system for Tool Labs

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:11:32 UTC 2014

Hello!

Coren and I have managed to move Tool Labs to the Dynamic nginx based
proxy system used by rest of labs. It is much more flexible than the
current Apache based proxying system, and faster as well. We will also
gain SPDY support for tools.wmflabs.org when it switches!

For tools users - you do not have to do anything to use the new
proxying system. Everything will continue to work as it used to.

It currently runs on http://tools-proxy-test.wmflabs.org/. It should
be exactly equivalent to tools.wmflabs.org so all your tools should be
accessible from that URL as well. Please test around to ensure that
there aren't random edge cases that we have missed. Note that there is
no https yet but there will be when we move. If you would specifically
like to test https please let us know  and we can cook something up.

We will move tools.wmflabs.org to it on 16th April unless issues crop up.

Thanks to Coren for helping move this, and thanks to Ryan Lane and
Andrew Bogott for helping build out the proxy system!

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog