[Labs-l] Discussion needed: Technically feasible, legally okay... but want tools do we want?

Jan Ainali jan.ainali at wikimedia.se
Sun Sep 29 19:06:24 UTC 2013

I do not agree at all.

If we decide to gather data, we should encourage people to use it in all
innovative ways that are possible. If we do not want anyone to use that
sort of data, we should stop collecting the data in the first place.

The problem is not on the outside, but inside, and the core question should
be if we either dare to say: "No, we do not want this data to be
collected", or: "Yes, here is the data and thanks for taking the time
playing with it".

*Med vänliga hälsningar,
Jan Ainali*

Verksamhetschef, Wikimedia Sverige <http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Huvudsida>