[Labs-l] DNS LDAP DIT changes tomorrow

Ryan Lane rlane32 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 00:08:01 UTC 2013

This change has now occurred. We had a few issues:

1. Beta's * entry was somewhat non-standard in how it was added in LDAP, so
when we converted the records it was missed. I've just added it back in
manually. If you can't access beta, you'll be able to again in about an
hour (when the DNS negative cache expires).
2. Puppet and salt's certname configuration was set to ${dc}.${domain}. We
changed dc to be the FQDN, so many puppet and salt configurations are
temporarily broken. I've pushed in fixes and temporarily accepted the new
certs generated by the misconfiguration. In an hour or two all hosts will
be fixed.
3. Instance creation was temporarily broken due to private DNS entries
being created as public DNS entries (an internal implementation detail).
This was broken for about 30 minutes.

If you notice any other issues, please let us know via this thread or in
IRC on #wikimedia-labs

- Ryan