[Labs-l] Access to tools-db for non-tools?

Morten Wang nettrom at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 17:36:25 UTC 2013

I noticed on Friday that I cannot access tools-db from my user account, but
can using my tool account.  Is this by design?

The reason I ask is that I often prefer to keep my research work[1]
separate from my tool work.  In this case I have a research task where I'd
like to have a couple of database table dumps readily available.  While I
could use a replica database server for this, it's not really needed, so I
thought I could use tools-db.  Having access to a local database server for
these kind of tasks would be really useful.

Footnotes:
1: As my enwiki user page shows, I'm a PhD student in computer science with
published papers about Wikipedia :)

Cheers,
Morten