[Labs-l] Service group management change deployed

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 3 22:56:30 UTC 2013

I upgraded wikitech today for security patches and with that came a
deployment of a change to the way service groups are managed.

Previously, the service group interface was in the same interface as the
project management, which made a huge cluttered interface. I've split this
apart. In the sidebar, under a new dropdown called "Labs Users" is a
"Manage Service Groups" link. That will lead you to the service group
interface.

Managing service groups is simpler now as well. Rather than needing to add
or remove members through different interfaces, there's a combined "Manage
members" action, which will let you add/remove users and other service
groups through a combined interface.

Let me know if you run into any issues or if the new interface is more
confusing than the old one.

- Ryan