[Labs-l] Disable catfoot and catscan2

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Tue Oct 8 18:31:53 UTC 2013

Hey all,

Due to those two tools' web interfaces growing to consume all resources
on the webservers and impacting the other tools, I've had to temporarily
disable them.

I'll be looking in the short term to deploy tool-specific webservers for
the "heavy duty" tools, so that their usage cannot impact the majority
of the tools -- this way, when a tool becomes overwhelming it'll be
moved to a separate server where it can only overwhelm itself.

With a bit of luck, I might be able to do this during the week.  If you
need your tool back up in the meantime, you can remove the .htaccess I
added to your public_html but if you do so please look into some form of
rate limiting.

-- Marc