[Labs-l] Tools git?

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 24 18:18:14 UTC 2013

After a slight cp accident ;-) I was wondering if there is an easy way to
set up (and maintain) a git repository for a tool.

Yes, there is gerrit (which I have never used) on top of git (which I have
used). I was looking for something script-wrapped for the dummy user, as we
have with "sql", e.g.

toolgit create [if git does not exist, create it and add the contents of
public_html and cgi-bin]
toolgit add
toolgit commit
toolgit checkout

Alternatively, a git-on-labs-for-dummies page might be in order...

Public access to this repository could also make it easier to share the
code (currently tool code is Labs users access only, AFAIK).

Cheers,
Magnus