[Labs-l] Accessing the databases from labs - A comparison with the toolserver

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri Jul 12 19:25:53 UTC 2013

On 07/12/2013 03:26 PM, Platonides wrote:
> Except that we could have several IPs per cluster (as TS does).

I'm pretty sure we have no plans to do that ever; if we ended up running
out of resources, it'd be much simpler to spin off some databases off to
a new server entirely than set up multiple replication with roundrobin.

In fact, that's a very good example of a situation where trusting that
there is a stable map between shard and database would bite your behind.
 :-)

-- Marc