[Labs-l] Hello, and the short term plans

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Tue Feb 26 01:27:10 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 08:01 PM, Daniel Schwen wrote:
> When the design for tool labs is made by "admin"-people that want
> everything puppetized and packaged and what not you will screw the
> "hacker"-people that probably are the majority on the ts right now.

I don't think that, at least, is something you need to worry about: the
point of this exercise it to provide the means by which maintainers
/can/ do things like stable shared code, not force-feed them.

For some things, I agree, there is a simple elegance in just giving read
access to the stuff a few tools want to share.  But that shouldn't be
the /only/ way you can do it, since it has its share of risks.

-- Marc