[Labs-l] Changes to projects for shared storage

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:05:56 UTC 2013

elaborate on what? every sysadmin should know that having rootfs on same
filesystem with /home is a bad idea - users can make it full (which would
also make /tmp full and all system folders that share it) - that would make
it harder for system to write stuff.

Most of advanced servers have even /usr /var and /tmp in different
filesystems, which makes a lot of sense (when ur using lvm you can easily
change their sizes as you need).

I would find it logical to use /dev/vdb as /home instead of /mnt