[Labs-l] More glusterfs woes

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 14 19:20:28 UTC 2013

The glusterd process went into a death spiral at around midnight UTC last
night. The glusterfs/glusterfsd processes continued to work fine, which
allowed the filesystem to continue to work properly, but all four servers
were approaching swap death.

This version of gluster also has issues with the upstart scripts. It won't
properly start/stop the gluster services. I'm having to reboot the hosts.
I'm going to track down this issue today in a labs instance. For the next
few hours some projects will have issues accessing project and/or home
directories.

This will not affect services using instance storage (/mnt).

- Ryan