[Labs-l] How to fill doc.wikimedia.org?

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 6 18:54:45 UTC 2013

On 2/6/13 9:32 AM, Silke Meyer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I followed the little question mark help links in the puppet config
> interface in labsconsole. It leads to doc.wikimedia.org which might be
> doyxgen.
> How am I supposed to fill that documentation? I added longer comments to
> my puppet "roles" to explain the parameters. They don't show (yet). Will
> they appear when doxygen is next parsing the files? Or do I have to do
> more? What? Where?

Fixed (sort of) by this:  https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/47750/

The doc headers that you wrote had a blank line between header and class
definition.  That was, apparently, enough for the puppet doc tool to
think that the comments were unrelated.

So far I've been treating 'puppet doc' as a black box and just accepting
whatever weirdness it dishes out.  If things like this start to be more
of a problem then we can consider changing the tool or adding lint
checks to make sure that puppet classes are documented usefully.

-Andrew