[Labs-l] password auth

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 1 19:18:29 UTC 2013

Maybe something was triggering a stat call that was doing an LDAP lookup.

In a situation where LDAP lookups are causing these problems, password auth
will not help. You'd see the exact same problem, except that the password
authentication itself would also fail.

I just checked bots-1. Its keys mount wasn't mounted. I restarted autofs
and the mount came back. This was also due to the ldap issues.