[Labs-l] How to move a file to tool folder?

Stefan Kühn kuehn-s at gmx.net
Sun Dec 29 12:47:25 UTC 2013

Hello,

I want to move my projects from toolserver to wmflabs.

First I create the new project "checkpersondata".

I test the ssh login with my loginname "sk" at tools-login.wmflabs.org.
This work.
I use "become checkpersondata". This work
I create the description with "touch .description" and "nano
.description". This work.

But when I try to copy a file in /data/project/checkpersondata/ This
don't work

####
1. Test: copy file from home to project-folder

$> ssh -A sk at tools-login.wmflabs.org
sk at tools-login:~$ echo "test">test.txt
sk at tools-login:~$ ls -la|grep txt
-rw-rw-r--   1 sk   wikidev    5 Dec 29 12:27 test.txt

sk at tools-login:~$ cp -v test.txt /data/project/checkpersondata/test.txt
`test.txt' -> `/data/project/checkpersondata/test.txt'
cp: cannot create regular file `/data/project/checkpersondata/test.txt':
Permission denied

sk at tools-login:~$ become checkpersondata

local-checkpersondata at tools-login:~$ ls /home/sk/
ls: cannot open directory /home/sk/: Permission denied

####
2. Test: sftp via Konqueror

sftp://sk@tools-login.wmflabs.org/data/project/checkpersondata/

I see the files, but I can't copy a file in this folder.
Permission denied

####

What I can do?
I try to set the permission for the toolfolder like:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource_Talk:Tools/Help#add_permissions_around_take_to_docs.3F
But this don't work.

Thanks for help!

Stefan Kühn "sk"