[Labs-l] MediaWiki to LaTeX Compiler

Brad Jorsch (Anomie) bjorsch at wikimedia.org
Sun Dec 22 17:48:45 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Tim Landscheidt <tim at tim-landscheidt.de>wrote:

> Dirk Hünniger <dirk.hunniger at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > The piont is that I don't want to invest much time in this
> > program anymore. If I can put it up on a server without much
> > work from my side thats Ok. But if not it is also Ok since
> > wikimedia hired someone to work on a very similar project as
> > soon as I sent them an email that my project is part of the
> > current version of ubuntu.
>

> https://git.wikimedia.org/summary/mediawiki%2Fextensions%2FCollection%2FOfflineContentGenerator%2Flatex_renderer
> > First Commit 2013-11-12
>

> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-November/073022.html
> > Sent on 2013-11-10
>
> > [...]
>
> Based on historical data, I would be *very* surprised if the
> Wikimedia Foundation could do anything in two days :-).

The first reference to the WMF project that I can find in a quick search
seems to be https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?oldid=778814 on
2013-09-09. Announcement of the people assigned to the project (I am aware
of no new hires for the project, BTW) includes
https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?oldid=816026 on 2013-11-08.

HTH.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)