[Labs-l] Precise image updated

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Tue Dec 17 10:18:10 UTC 2013

Le 17/12/13 05:37, Ryan Lane a écrit :
> I've updated the custom image we use for precise instances. Here's some
> info about the new image:
>
> 1. It updates the salt configuration that was used in the old image,
> making it easier for us to migrate to eqiad and makes instance creation
> more reliable.
> 2. It adds the ubuntu-standard package, which provides a number of
> packages missing from the old image.
> 3. It ensures a newly installed instance has a relatively small number
> of outdated packages.
> 4. It adds a firstboot script, which takes what was previously being
> done with a cloud-init script and moves it into the image. This will
> make it easier to allow direct access to the APIs in the future and also
> makes it easier for us to move to eqiad.
>
> If you run into any issues building images using the precise image, let
> me know.

Hello,

Do you have a documentation on wikitech explaining how to create/update
the existing images?  I could use a new image for the integration
project that would come prefilled with a bunch of packages.  The evil
idea is to boot a pool of instances to be consumed for CI testing
purposes, so I would want an image that build as fast as possible :-]

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso