[Labs-l] Replication broken

Marc-André Pelletier mpelletier at wikimedia.org
Tue Dec 10 13:31:23 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 07:59 AM, Russell Blau wrote:
> The same thing happened yesterday; Coren determined that a certain project
> that shall remain nameless, unless you consider "catscan2" to be a name, had
> been holding a lock on the database for over 12 hours.

And indeed that's the case again; I need to sit down with the catscan
people and find a better way for them to do whatever it is they are
trying to do in a way that does not result in:

---TRANSACTION 9337D917, ACTIVE 52358 sec fetching rows
mysql tables in use 3, locked 3
566321 lock struct(s), heap size 56850872, 10281493 row lock(s), undo
log entries 150718

I really want to avoid having to install a query killer and place hard
time limit on running time - no matter where the line it it will be an
annoyance to /someone/.  There are occasional legitimate uses for very
long queries; but they should be infrequent and not last *that* long.

-- Marc