[Labs-l] Queue master is dead and Incinga question

Bryan White bgwhite at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 09:54:50 UTC 2013

Unable to submit jobs as the queue master (tools-master.pmtpa.wmflabs)
is dead as of ~8z. I did report it via Bugzilla.

I see the Incinga page (http://icinga.wmflabs.org/icinga/) is
reporting that the master is down.  Assuming the powers that be get
email/messages of this, does it need to be reported via bugzilla?

Would it be a good idea that if some major services go down, Incinga
would email this list or similar lab list?

(sniff, Incinga/Nagios will always be netsaint for me.  I will never
miss Nagios texting me at 3 in the morning and having to fix things.
You have my sympathies for those that do.)

Bryan