[Gendergap] No sources - argh!!

Andreas K. jayen466 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 04:42:36 UTC 2011

Hi Erin,

There is a mention of a law ("Ley disponiendo que la Villa de Urubamba se
denomine Benemérita Ciudad de Urubamba") enacted on 9 November 1839 here:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=pi9FAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA391&dq=urubamba+%229+de+noviembre%22+OR+%229+november%22&hl=en&ei=qounTvuGK4Ku8gOukLmvDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=urubamba%20%229%20de%20noviembre%22%20OR%20%229%20november%22&f=false

There is a little more about the reason for the more distinguished title
here (third page spread, under the heading Benemérita / Fuera Santa Cruz):

http://issuu.com/educayturismo/docs/educa_y_turismo

It's not much, but better than nothing. :)

Andreas