[Gendergap] Am I crazy?

Lady of Shalott ladyofshalott.wp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:48:17 UTC 2011

I've never particularly felt the "boys club" atmosphere on Wikipedia
that apparently deters some women. However, I am very angry right now.
I tried to add [[date rape]] as a "see also" link to the very
incomplete article [[college dating]]. The relevance seemed obvious to
me. It was removed by two separate people, and when I took it to the
talk page, its relevance was questioned, and I was told to "prove it"
because it was "obvious to whom?" Fine. I've proven it with sourcing,
adding a small section. I think that needed to happen anyway, but I'm
infuriated that I could not just add a see also link to it and tell
the students who are really working on the article that a section
needed adding. (The people who removed the link are seasoned
Wikipedians, not members of the class developing the article.) Am I
crazy?

LadyofShalott