[Gendergap] Supporting Campus Ambassador programs [Fwd: Issue of Copy-Pasting]

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:41:45 UTC 2011

I think the overall medium-term results so far has been one person at
most per course staying on Wikipedia after the course, and more
frequently nobody at all.  I think this not necessarily a  result of
bad experiences or coercion, but rather that curiosity is not
necessarily going to equal participation. Myself, I've looked at many
things on the web (& elsewhere)  (&, for that matter, various WMF
projects & types of work on Wikipedia) & participated long enough to
understand them , but decided not to continue--not from
dissatisfaction, but just because other things interested me more.