[Gendergap] Wikipedystka

patricia morales mariadelcarmenpatricia at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 10:51:02 UTC 2011

It seems to me very kind, but not related to the ethymology nor the use of the words (I have not information about Polish).
In English you have the male suffix -ian and the female suffix -ienne : comedienne, equestrienne, tragedienne.
At the same time you have the suffix -ist for both gender (coming from -ista (Latin) and -istes (old Greek)

In Spanish and other langues with differentiaded articles we have:
El artista y la artista
La wikipedista (female editor) and el wikipedista (male editor).

In Spanish and other languages it is sometimes used amig at s for having a gender sensitivity.
We could use wikipedist@ , explaining that.

best regards,
Patricia