[Gendergap] "Mind the Gap" Barnstar/Award - I need your help!

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 01:17:38 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I recently mentioned the idea of the "Mind the Gap" barnstar/award. The term
"mind the gap" is in reference to the warning set forth by the London
underground to warn people to make sure they pay attention the space between
the train door and the station platform (learn more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_the_gap).

*Are you a designer? Or do you know a designer* who would be happy to
volunteer their time to creating an award for Wikimedians who work hard to
close the gap within Wikimedia through outreach, welcoming, standing up for
others, writing about and maintaining women's articles or related images,
and forth....?

Here is the original "Mind the Gap" logo...which I believe is under
copyright?:http://www.earthpm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mind_the_gap.png

Here is a cool feminist spin on it:
http://londonstudentfeminists.blogspot.com/

Another fun piece of inspiration - the German women's movement logo of the
1970: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Womanpower_logo.svg

I tried to develop something myself, but, my own skills are rather pathetic
in regards to design. I will award you with a barnstar of your own and a
beer if I ever meet you (or a beverage of your choice) - or the designer you
recruit!! And of course fanatically praise the awesome-ness you or the
designer are through Twitter, Wikipedia, mailing lists and beyond.. <3

THANK YOU for your consideration!

-Sarah Stierch

--
GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia <http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American