[Gendergap] Women on Wikimedia group

Lika Tika likatikalikatika at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 03:51:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

This is my first time contributing to this list. First, I'd like to say that
I don't think it's inappropriate to create an optional women only space. As
Maggie mentioned, she is not interested in replacing this discussion.
Protected spaces for minorities may be useful, especially considering the
atmosphere sometimes present in this project.

I do think it's interesting that men have repeatedly told the women in this
discussion to essentially pipe down, or that they're doing things all wrong.
Not that it might not be true, but they have certainly gone about it in a
way that comes dangerously close to 'mansplaining.'

Thanks for the invite, Maggie, I'll be joining you.

Lika