[Gendergap] How to use Wiki videos

Ryan Kaldari rkaldari at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 15 23:20:17 UTC 2011

A video incorporating the new RefToolbar (the thing that appears when
you click "Cite" in the editor) would be helpful in this regard.
Citation templates and citation formatting are definitely one of the
biggest barriers to truly integrating newbies into Wikipedia editing
(i.e. getting beyond doing spelling corrections). I think that people
would be a lot less intimidated if they knew they could just paste in an
ISBN number and click a button and the citation is automatically created
for them. (I remember my own amazement at learning this.)

Ryan Kaldari