[Gendergap] Hardcore images essay - HELP!

Ryan Kaldari rkaldari at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 17 20:15:04 UTC 2011

Yep, try
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:People_using_vacuum_cleaners

So do we all agree that the Principle of Least Astonishment needs to be
encoded into some kind of policy or guideline? In other words, images
with a sexual context should only appear in articles/categories that
also have a sexual context. Otherwise, Wikipedia naturally tends towards
an editorial policy dictated by 20-year-old single white males who see
no problem with keeping pictures of naked women in every corner of
Wikipedia and Commons.

Ryan Kaldari