[Gendergap] Hardcore images essay

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 01:03:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>[...]
> The fact is that most Wikipedians do not have children, or partners, and most
> people out there in the real world do.

I am not going to generalize from my wife not being insulted by the
material, but she wasn't.

We don't have children, but my neighbors do, and my brother, and I
appreciate the parents' desire to not warp their childrens'
understanding of sexuality by dumping inappropriate sexual content
into their lives.

That does not change my opinion on explicit material on Wikipedia,
though it tempered the formation of my opinion.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com