[Gendergap] Hello and specific relevant discussions on En.Wikipedia

Miguelinito miguelinito at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:39:42 UTC 2011

I am a man and heterosexual, but I identify with you, although for
other reason: when I first came to Wikipedia, the very first thing I
started to do was improving the style of all the Wikipedia:xx pages I
could find and asking about possible changes to the look of the main page.
Some users thought that I was just disturbing, and finally, after some time,
it all came up to a really drastic situation which almost made me leave
Wikipedia (I won't tell).

Now what I came to post:

Since more than a year ago I've been improving several articles in
the Spanish Wikpedia which I'm sure that women visit a lot:
[[:es:Amor]] (love) and [[:es:Autoestima]] (self-esteem) are two
of them. The article [[:es:Risa]] (laughter) could also be interesting
for women, I think. And nursing is a profession with a majority of
women (I am a nurse), so the articles about nursing science are not
well developed, at least in the Spanish Wikipedia, which I know
better.

Miguel Ángel

Estimado Carolmooredc,