[Gendergap] A pet peeve / cliche

Miguelinito miguelinito at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:34:34 UTC 2011

[I'm resending this message because it wasn't well formatted before.]

I'm glad I made you comment on me. That means -in my opinion- that you're concerned,
and that also means that maybe I hit on the wound.

As I said in an earlier post, in a capitalist system women play men's roles. That's not bad,
of course, that just means that they are changing their nature to be "equal" to men. In China
happend just the opposite: men changed their nature to be "equal" to women. Have you ever
had a row with a Chinese man? And I mean a Chinese man with a Chinese mentality, not
somebody who adapted to the capitalist system.

For me those things are clearer because I'm living just in the middle of the two worlds, i.e.,
China and the United States.

What would it be the solution? Maybe, a middle point, just what happened in the
famous Spanish story of Don Quixote: they changed themselves reciprocally.

Of course, this is an utopia. Who am I to change the world? I'm not important :)

Regards