[Gendergap] A pet peeve / cliche

Sandra ordonez sandratordonez at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 20:23:19 UTC 2011

As this list gets off the ground, so many things come to mind that I want to
share before i forget. I know we should focus on resolution, but  i need one
more vent email before that happens. lol The following was my pet peeve,
which to some may not be a big deal, but irked the hell out of me because it
was soooo cliche.

After a while of being there, i started to notice how there was this
indirect manner of discrediting women in leadership positions by questioning
their sexual relationships. At first, I didn't really notice a pattern, but
when comments were thrown around with different women, i started to realize
it was less gossip and more sexist behavior.

Who knows (or even cares) if the allegations were true. However, what I did
notice was that never was any man's sexual behavior EVER questioned/ EVER.
(and in particularly in that way...which was to paint them power hungry)
 Now thats some real bull crap, excuse my language. So it lead me believe
that this was an easy "punch" below the belt. And let me tell you, that made
me super uncomfortable b/c that is some cliche sexism right there. Which is
funny b/c even where I grew up (which is REALLY macho) I've never heard
stuff like that.

Thats it for me. now to think of resolutions.

Sandy