[Gendergap] Hello and a (small!) manifesto

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 18:43:35 UTC 2011

--- On Sun, 6/2/11, Sarah Stierch <sarah at sarahstierch.com> wrote:

From: Sarah Stierch <sarah at sarahstierch.com>
Subject: Re: [Gendergap] Hello and a (small!) manifesto
To: "Increasing female participation in Wikimedia projects" <gendergap at lists.wikimedia.org>
Date: Sunday, 6 February, 2011, 17:26

    Hi Andreas! Welcome to the list.

      I think women react differently to incidents like this. A bloke will dig his
heels in and on some level relish the pissing contest, and if need be waste
three hours online on it.

A woman will think, "I can't be bothered to waste my time arguing with that
ignorant twerp", and go and do something else – and remember that WP ain't
worth her time. In this way, enthusiasm is killed very quickly.

    I totally agree! This is what happened to me when I first started
    editing. I originally just gave up and say "Screw this" and moved
    along.

    :D

    Sarah
:)