[Gendergap] Introducing Myself

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:22:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I looked through the archives before jumping in, and the lively
introductions and enthusiasm persuaded me to join.

I'm Bishakha Datta (user Bishdatta) and I edit english wikipedia off and on.
I've been a trustee since last year, I live in Mumbai/India, and in my
non-wiki life I make documentary videos, write non-fiction and run a small
non-profit called Point of View which promotes the points of view of women
through media, art and culture.

All of which will (I hope) explain why I am interested in this list - and in
thinking about how to go beyond the 13% stat. (Suspect it is much lower in
some Indian language wikipedias)..

Like many of you, I am also very interested in GLAM activities. Hoping for
more focused discussions on how to get more women to edit on this list, and
also look forward to meeting some in person at the women in wikipedia
cocktail hour in Haifa!

Cheers
Bishakha