[Gendergap] possible resolution... article differentials/unnecessary drama

Carol Moore carolmooredc at verizon.net
Tue Dec 27 03:31:16 UTC 2011

While I'm not really familiar with various conflicts among the various
wikipedias in different languages and english-language oriented
Wikimedia.org and the foundation. I don't know if a short listing of
them would help clarify that for those of us who are confused.  Being an
anti-imperialist myself, I have to wonder if perhaps its related to
general resentment of Brit/American military cultural imperialism.

But whatever it is, let's just seek a resolution. (And if it's just
personality conflicts, perhaps we all could control ourselves? :-)

If the main problem here is the emphasis on English language solutions
and the mention of problems with articles that only concern
En.wikipedia, perhaps those speaking other languages could generate
proposals on any relevant lists and then bring them here or to the
relevant wikimedia pages or other forums or individuals,
whatever/whoever they might be.  I don't see a problem with listing an
article as being problematic; perhaps people could again exercise
self-control and not discuss the issues here at length and send private
messages or go to talk page of article in question.

Just a thought...

Carol in dc