[Gendergap] article differentials/unnecessary drama

Caroline Becker carobecker54 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 10:59:57 UTC 2011

This is exactly where my problem comes from : en-wiki is not "wikipedia"
but one of many wikipedias, and wikipedias is not "Wikimedia project". Just
to illustrate how the discussion pimp vs madam is cultural-biased, in
French wikipedia, the inter-wiki for pimp is "proxénétisme" ("hustling")
and the article is gender-neutral.

It would be interesting to have stats of all wikipedias comparing, for
instance, the number of article about women scientists compared to article
about men scientists (and the same for actor/actresses,
sportmen/sportwomen).

Caroline