[Gendergap] Bothersome? (Re: Pimp)

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 20:04:59 UTC 2011

Hi Beria,

Yes, that is why I'm here as well. And I confess that right now, I do not
have a grand theory of how to fix it all; but I'm glad to talk about, or
work on, little ideas while the big ideas percolate.

Beria, you and I have both been here for a long time, both on the Gender
Gap list and on Wikimedia projects generally. And unless I'm missing
something, I don't think either of us have offered up a plan of how to
explore or reduce the gender gap. I agree with you that posts like Sarah's
are probably not getting to the core of the gender gap issue (and I suspect
she would agree) -- but personally, I don't think they do any harm, and I
do think they help people on this list find opportunities to work together
and begin to develop working relationships.

But..that's beside the point. How about if you and I both make an effort to
suggest issues this list could take on that would be useful? I would be
very interested to hear how you would like to approach things, and I could
probably manage to string together my thoughts in a useful way as well.
What do you think? Let's propose some alternative, or additional,
directions the discussion here might take.

-Pete