[Gendergap] Techies You Decide! You're either a feminist or a misogynist - by Trevor Owens

Michael J. Lowrey orangemike at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:56:39 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Sarah Stierch <sarah.stierch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trevor Owens, a colleague of mine in the DC GLAM world has written a
> nice and honest blog about open source and feminism. It talks about the
> fear women have of representing themselves or writing like "themselves"
> online, the experiences of Skud her ideas about harassment, and Trevor
> stating why he is a feminist.
>
> http://www.trevorowens.org/2011/12/techies-you-decide-you’re-either-a-feminist-or-a-misogynist/
>
> Nice to see a man in tech express himself like this - it's a rare thing
> to see, especially in the tech field.
>
> Sarah

I'd never read Skud's posts on harassment before. I feel deeply
honored that one of the places she comes to recharge her energy is
Wiscon!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiscon

If issues of tech and science and feminism interest you, Wiscon is by
choice one of the places that people are doing the hard work every
year, and having hella fun doing it!

(Wiscon is to blame for me becoming a Wikipedian; I was introduced to
the Feminist SF Wiki by a panel/workshop at a Wiscon, and that led me
on to the Hard Stuff!)

--
Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food
and clothes."
     --  Desiderius Erasmus