[Gendergap] Sheryl Sandberg On Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:08:35 UTC 2011

[[User:Slowking4]] shared this link with me in #gendergap-l. It did get
me a bit emotional, and I think it's inspiring and worth watching.

It is a TED talk, so it has a number of languages available.

It's by Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook. She talks about statistics
related to women in organizations and leadership (coincides with
Wikipedia data, actually), women and families, as well.

Her three points:

  * sit at the table
  * make your partner, really your partner  (One of the best pieces of
    advice I ever received was "Make sure your partner is a feminist,"
    from a female director of a GLAM, and this reminded me of that.)
  * don't leave before you leave

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/13/sheryl-sandberg-ted-talk_n_1145415.html?1323791868

She does talk about being a mother, and while I am childless by choice,
I think it's really important to hear the voices of mother's and women
in the workplace, and how they feel gender equality plays a role in
motherhood and a professional life. I found it inspiring, and perhaps
you will too.

Sarah

[[User:SarahStierch]]
en:wp