[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation monthly meeting video

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 6 02:41:49 UTC 2012

Every month, there's a meeting at the Wikimedia Foundation offices
(with remote call-in) where we review recent metrics and activities in
the different departments for the previous month. Starting with the
meeting covering January, which took place on February 2, we are now
capturing these meetings on video.

You can see the video capture for the most recent meeting here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Monthly_Metrics_Meeting_February_2,_2012.theora.ogv

Going forward, we will simply link to these videos from the monthly
report and not announce it separately.

Note that I've uploaded the highest resolution copy, which clocks in
at 1.9G (this should allow you to see pretty well what's going on on
the screen). This is inconvenient for streaming unless you have a very
good connection, so I recommend downloading. In future, videos will be
automatically transcoded to multiple resolutions, but if you'd like to
make a lower resolution copy available for the interim, it's
appreciated.

Feel free to respond in this thread if you have any questions about
the contents of the meeting. Generally the structure is as follows,
interspersed with questions, discussion and lawyer jokes:

* Erik, Garfield and Gayle walk through impact, finance and HR
metrics, respectively
* Department heads give updates about their respective areas
* Sue closes with some final words, typically referring to recent
events or organizational priorities

All best,
Erik
--