[Foundation-l] New Wikimedia India Portals

Naveen Francis naveenpf at wikimedia.in
Fri Feb 3 02:53:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We are pleased to formally announce the launch of the following new
Wikimedia India Portals:

http://wikimedia.in/ - The new landing page will be the gateway to the
various Project pages and Wikis.

http://wiki.wikimedia.in The public wiki is now revamped with an all-new
look and lots of information. Feel free to add more information to the
wikis.

http://members.wikimedia.in Wiki for India Chapter Members

http://blog.wikimedia.in/ Wikimedia India Blog - to post a blog, contact
Arjuna Rao Chavala or Tinu Cherian

We are pleased to introduce the following new Wikimedia Project gateways
for the various Indic languages:
 http://wikisource.in http://wikiquote.in http://wikibooks.in
http://wikinews.in http://wikibooks.org.in http://wikisource.org.in
http://wiktionary.org.in

The planned landing page for http://wikipedia.in is available
here<http://wikimedia.in/wikipedia.html>
.

Efforts are currently underway to obtain control of a few more important
domains and announcements will be made as and when we get them. We
sincerely believe this initiative will help drive more traffic to Indic
language Wikimedia Projects.

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the Wikimedia CH /
Switzerland Chapter and Manuel Schneider (Wikimedia CH / Switzerland)  for
hosting our websites and portals at no cost.

A number of people need to be thanked, who helped in the this initiative.

Rajesh K Oayanchal  who designed the portals and Jyothis E who gave his
webspace for the testing purposes. Anirudh, Noopur Raval, ,Surya,
Radhakrishna, Omshivaprakash, Debanjan, Saroj,  Swaroop, Abhishek
Suryawanshi and others have helped in translations .

Tanvir Rahman , Tinu Cherian and Arun Ram helped in revamping the public
wiki.

We hope that you will find these portals useful and informative.

Please do get back to us with your feedback and suggestions.

Regards,
 Naveen Francis
Wikimedia India Chapter