[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:04:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It is not the job of
>> Commons community to work on personal wishes of American
>> right-wingers.
>
> Well, while we're tarring large groups of people with the same brush,
> it's not their job to bend to the desires of European
> anarcho-libertarians either.

Thanks for not going for the blanket description of anyone who disagrees
with you with a smear-word. Much appreciated. I may be a libertarian and
an anarchist strictu senso. But that doesn't inform my decision to oppose
the current scheme of censorship by proxy. What does, most heavily, is
the untenable nature of it, and the long-standing traditions we as a free
content community have upheld, including not helping Tianamen Square
images be filtered.