[Foundation-l] PG rating

Phil Nash phnash at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 02:00:56 UTC 2011

John Vandenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Phil Nash <phnash at blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> [[WP:ANI]] is hardly an example to our children, is it?
>
> ANI isn't a content page.

As I understand it, all of Wikipedia is available to all readers. It follows
that the same standard should prevail throughout, however good, or poor. And
that's without exposing the lamentable ArbCom pages to the children of the
world. We can, and should, be giving a better example to our future
committed contributors. So it's no wonder new editors are being deterred,
when existing editors are being treated with such disdain.  Unless and until
we can follow Jimbo's proclaimed model of tolerance and forgiveness, silence
is the best model to follow.