[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:56:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 14:33, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Personally, I think the filter will be mostly harmless, and that it's
> not worth the effort to rail against it. It will be useful for PR --
> it will seem as if we are trying to accomodate all points of view even
> if the feature is not particularly useful for parents.

I suppose that you know that WMF did PR research if you claim that it
will be useful for that purpose. If so, please refer to it. If not,
it's just about dilettantism, as usual.

The only useful PR action for right-wing media was Jimmy's purging of
artworks depicting nude women [1]. But, again, I didn't see any PR
analysis which told to Jimmy that it is right thing to do.

[1] http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/07/wikipedia-purges-porn/