[Foundation-l] On certain shallow, American-centered, foolish software initiatives backed by WMF

Brandon Harris bharris at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 28 22:31:07 UTC 2011

On 10/28/11 3:27 PM, Etienne Beaule wrote:
> It's disabled on certain wikis because of technical problems.

	Oh? I wasn't aware that it had been disabled anywhere as yet.

	WikiLove was not rolled out "en mass"; the policy for deployment of the
tool is that it is by request only, and the requesting wiki must:

		a) Make sure the tool is localized (via TranslateWiki);
		b) Make sure they have a local configuration; and
		c) Show community consensus.

	So if it was enabled and then *disabled*, I have not heard of this.  Is
there a bug report I can look to?  Or if you know of a wiki where this
is the case, I can do a search.

	Thanks!

	-b.

--
Brandon Harris, Senior Designer, Wikimedia Foundation