[Foundation-l] Office Hours on the article feedback tool

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 26 16:56:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 3:11 AM, Oliver Keyes <scire.facias at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be clear, we're not talking about junking the idea; we will still have an
> "Article Feedback Tool" that lets readers provide feedback to editors. The
> goal is more to move away from a subjective rating system, and towards
> something the editors can look at and go "huh, that's a reasonable
> suggestion as to how to fix the article, I'll go do that" or "aw, that's
> really nice! I'm glad they liked it so much"

And, the idea is to experiment with some alternative approaches in
parallel with the existing deployment, not to scrap the existing
deployment and start over immediately. We don't know yet which reader
feedback mechanisms are going to be the most useful to meet the two
core objectives (engaging readers as much and as usefully as possible
in article development, and measuring change-over-time in quality).
Initial wireframes to be tested against each other can be found here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Article_feedback/Version_5/Feature_Requirements
--
Erik Möller